The I-45 at Woodlands Parkway/Robinson Road intersection improvement and signalization project continues to make good progress.
As part of the project, conduit must be placed along the Woodlands Parkway/Robinson Road bridge over Interstate 45 in order to connect wiring to the traffic signals on both sides so they can better communicate.
This requires alternate lane closures along the Interstate 45 northbound and southbound lanes, as well as the frontage roads, while the contractor is hanging the conduit above those lanes. The closures are scheduled to take place overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. starting Tuesday, Aug. 18, and running through Monday, Aug. 24. The contractor will start placing traffic control devices a few hours before the scheduled 9 p.m. closure each night.
Motorists should expect some delays due to the alternating lane closures and blocked access points entering and exiting I-45 during this work.
Here is the schedule for the lane closures:
- (RED) 9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 18 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19 – Southbound I-45 frontage road lanes closed (one lane will remain open at all times)
- (GREEN) 9 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20 – Southbound I-45 main lanes: shoulder, two right lanes and center lane closed (Lanes remaining open: left two lanes and HOV lane)
- (YELLOW) 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, to 5 a.m. Friday, Aug. 21 – Southbound I-45 main lanes: left two lanes and HOV lane closed (Lanes remaining open: center lane and right two lanes)
- (ORANGE) 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, to 5 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 22 – Northbound I-45 main lanes: HOV lane and two left lanes closed (Center lane and right lanes remain open)
- (BLUE) 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, to 5 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 23 – Northbound I-45 main lanes: Center lane and right lanes closed (Two left lanes and HOV lane remain open)
- (PINK) 9 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 23, to 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 24 – Northbound I-45 frontage road lanes closed (One lane will remain open at all times).
The Interstate 45 at Woodlands Parkway/Robinson Road project will improve signalization and traffic movement entering and exiting the I-45 frontage roads at Woodlands Parkway and Robinson Road. It includes the reconfiguration of the cloverleaf at the I-45 frontage roads and the addition of traffic signals. Robinson Road also has been widened to four lanes from 350 west of the intersection with Patsy Lane/Westwood Road to 550 east of the intersection.
The project started in early March and should be completed by early fall.
With all-new signals operational, contractor Main Lane has been focusing on final striping, signage and landscaping, along with the signal subcontractor placing the conduit this week.