In the coming months, the Precinct 3 Commissioners Office plans to enable flashing yellow arrows at certain intersections to help improve mobility across South County. To be installed, these intersections must meet a set of guidelines to ensure the safety of the motorist inside our community. To better help inform the public, we will be releasing information regarding the new type of traffic control through our newsletter, websites and local newspapers.
The benefits of the flashing yellow arrow
- Less Wait times
- Studies have shown that there is a significant decrease in wait times
- It provides drivers with more left turn opportunities
- Emissions decrease due do less wait times
- Cities all across the US are switching to this as a standard for left turns
- Other cities in Texas to have this installed include
The flashing yellow arrow means turns are permitted, but you must first yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians, then proceed with caution.
All signals which will operate with a flashing yellow arrow will be marked with the proper signage to help notify drivers of the change.
Our first installation will be in coming months with several intersections identified on Rayford Road. We believe this will help reduce congestion as well as wait times along this highly traveled corridor. If you have any further questions, or would like further information, please contact our office at 281-367-3977.