A public meeting was held on Thursday April 14, 2016 at Faith United Methodist Church. The meeting was an open house format where County staff and the project team listened to comments and concerns, and answered questions. Attendees had the opportunity to discuss the project in detail including history, design, and timeline and view the project schematic. There were 98 people signed in and three written comments were collected.
Themes heard in visiting with the community and written comments:
- Desire for more signage
- Need for dedicated turn lanes
- Request to share traffic and train count information
- Request for a brick wall from Lauri Lynn Dr. to Imperial Oaks Blvd.
- Request for team member to speak to Home Owners Association about project
- Concerns for loss of property
- Concerns for Walmart and Fox Run entrances
- Concerns for entrance into the Sienna View neighborhood and the new access roads near the railroad
Montgomery County and the project team are currently reviewing input and comments collected to incorporate feedback into the design of the expansion of Rayford Road. Project updates will be shared as they are available.