Multiple road closures are scheduled throughout the day on Wednesday, July 4, for the annual Independence Day celebrations.
During the parade, Lake Woodlands Drive, Grogan’s Mill Road and Six Pines Drive will be closed from 7:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. All intersections will be controlled by officers using traffic control devices.
- Six Pines at Lake Woodlands and Lake Robbins will close at 7:30 a.m. – no traffic will be allowed. Six Pines does not restrict traffic; only Lake Woodlands Drive and Lake Robbins.
· Grogan’s Mill at Evergreen Circle and Riva Row will close at 8 a.m. – only parade traffic will be allowed through until 8:30 a.m.
· Lake Front Circle at Lake Woodlands will close at 7:30 a.m. – only parade traffic will be allowed on Lake Woodlands; all other traffic will have to turn north on Lake Front Circle (officers will be at this location).
· All entrances into Market Street will be barricaded at 8 a.m.
- Lake Robbins Drive between Grogan’s Mill Road and Six Pines will be closed until midnight for pedestrian safety.
- Roads will start to reopen around 11 a.m.
For a list of more celebration activities, please visit http://www.4thofjuly.org/.
Commissioner Noack encourages residents to celebrate the holiday responsibly. Montgomery County law enforcement is increasing DWI enforcement during this time.
Happy Independence Day!